Thursday, November 27, 2008

We made it to Auckland!

After a long flight (with a screaming kid in front of us that I wanted to strangle!) we made it to Auckland. Of course, Alex and I got colds right before we left so we haven't been operating at 100% but we are making the best of it. Auckland is a very cool city that I like a lot. This is the Sky Tower which is huge! It really stands out wherever you are. We went up to the top for dinner, right at sunset, in the revolving restaurant which was wonderful.
Here are some shots from around town. The Sky Tower has plate glass you can look through - it is so high!
Joe is SO tan and SO skinny! Alex is SO pale next to him! And not much shorter than Joe now either! We've been enjoying hearing all of Joe's stories and just catching up. Although the two of them in out little hotel room are starting to drive me crazy now after 3 days! :-)

6 comments:

Laura said...

I am so glad you made it there safe and that you are having a great time exploring Auckland. I can't wait to see all your photos. Have you decided if you are going to bungee? :-)
Have an awesome time!!!

The Mulligan Family said...

Sorry you and Alex aren't feeling 100%... but it looks like you're having fun already. Joe looks fantastic! Have a great time. Love you.

Adrienne said...

I made our reservations for Bungy! It won't be until Dec 11 though! Ahhhh! I'm scared already!

Laura said...

I'm SO excited for you!! It is going to be AWESOME!!!!!!

Columbo said...

Alex stop growing!

Columbo said...

Bungy, are you crazy. I did do some skydiving though. Have a great time and take pictures on the way down when you are jumping!