Tuesday, December 2, 2008

After Auckland, we went on to Rotorua. A very interesting town. It smells like rotten eggs! Yes, that's right. The whole area is a hot-bed of geothermal activity. We went to this place called Wai-O-Tapu and did a walk around all these amazing pools. This one is called Artist's Palette. I don't think my camera has captured all the amazing colors though.
This one is Champagne Pool with some crystals growing around the edge.
I wish I could upload a lot more pictures but they charge by the megabyte here for Interenet and it would cost a fortune!
Today we are in Napier. A quaint beach town on Hawke Bay. It's weird to see al the Christmas decorations up and have it be summer! This area is know for it's wine and I'm trying to figure out how I can get some home without lugging it around in my suitcase (which already weighs a TON).
I'll send more updates later...gotta eat (again!).

3 comments:

The Mulligan Family said...

Looks gorgeous. Send some of that wine home for Ya Ya's!!! Love you..

Columbo said...

All I can say is Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We are enjoying all your photos. How are you doing, Joe? Want to paint ball when you get back. Alex and John sure enjoyed.
Richard

Laura said...

Wow!! That is so amazing! I am so excited to see all your photos when you get back!! Glad you're having such a great time!!