Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Rafting on The Snake River in Hells Canyon!

Alex, Brandon (Alex's buddy) and I had an incredible time rafting for 3 days on The Snake River! We went with an amazing raft company called Hells Canyon Rafting. It was a first class operation with wonderful guides who took care of everything, waiting on us hand and foot. They spoiled us so much I'll never be able to go camping on my own again! They prepared us the most delicious meals in camp, with wine, guitar serenading and lots of laughs. There were also lots of fun people on the rafts with us and we all had a great time chatting, paddling and playing Catch Phrase (I HAVE to get that game now!). The canyon was absolutely breathtaking. The air was hot, hot, hot and the water refreshingly cool but not cold. We loved paddling through the rapids, "riding the bull", kicking back in the oar boat and kayaking. The boys had great fun trying to splash me. I will have a video later of me getting my revenge!
We went on some cool hikes too. One of them was was up a hill to "Suicide Point". I had a bit of vertigo but the boys loved it. We got to see many petroglyphs from the Nez Perce Indians too. Also, old cabins from homesteaders dating back to the early 1900's. It's amazing to think how they thrived down there in that canyon.
That is our gear boat way down there! What a view it was at the top!

We had awesome campsites both nights and check out the our "bathroom"! Privacy and a view!

We had so much fun and I think I will want to go back next summer! Check out my web album for more pictures....





4 comments:

Columbo said...

Looked like a lot of fun. I have done the Colorado (7days)and the American River (day trip). I can say they were exciting, breath taking, and one was very strenuous (American). Sounds like JJ and I should try the Snake! Cindy?

Laura said...

Looks like SO MUCH FUN!! I want to go now too, and I HATE camping! :-)
So glad you're back!!

The Mulligan Family said...

Looks great... sounds like fun... but the camping part... well we all know that the Princess doesn't do outhouses! Glad you had a wonderful time.

Columbo said...

Cindy said "not a chance" of her going....Ha! A ship, but not a raft.