Thursday, July 10, 2008

Yummy recipe for those summer potlucks....

I thought I'd share an easy, tasty recipe. It's always a hit when I bring it to a get-together.

Confetti Rice Salad

Boil 4 cups chicken broth and 2 cups rice to a boil. Cover, simmer for 20 minutes. Cool rice in a bowl. Drain and save marinade from a 14.5 oz jar of artichoke hearts, chop. Add to rice: artichokes, 3 - 5 sliced green onions, 4 oz. chopped black olives, 1 chopped red bell pepper. Set aside. in a separate bowl combine 1/2 cup mayo, 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper, salt and pepper, artichoke marinade, 2 Tb. rice vinegar, wisk, pour over rice and stir. I think it tastes better made the day before you serve it.

2 comments:

Laura said...

SO DELICIOUS!! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

The Mulligan Family said...

I found my copy of the recipe. I wrote chili pepper - but had crossed it out and wrote chili powder... later in the recipe when the instructions say to add it - I did write chili powder. Hmm... I think it will be good with either! It is so YUM-O!!!